PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are airports ruining aviation?
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2009, 12:15
BOAC4ME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some good points in there, one which I particularily sympathise with is in relation to 'Express' or 'Premium' lanes at security, which many UK Airports have now adopted with varying costs. When all is said and done PAX already pay for security or at least heavily subsidise it, and for Airports to allow the Security Operation to be 'inneficient' (in terms of resource) in the first place, and then charge someone to bypass the resulting queues beggars belief.

I must say that this is not the fault of security staff, it starts much 'higher' than that, the solution is obvious, suitably staff and equip search areas, this however is not going to initially save and ultimately make money, sad but true. Are Airports ruining Aviation? Well, that may be harsh, but in SOME circumstances they are certainly not helping.

In terms of the relationship between Airlines and Airports, that is exactly what it should be, a relationship, Airlines must be prepared to pay a reasonable amount and Airports must remember that Airlines are their customers.