PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Financial advice
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2009, 10:42
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't answer your query regarding Globaleye but my guess would be that you will regret signing anything with them. I have made 2 mistakes with investments in Dubai, the biggest being with Deveres (sometimes referred to as PIC, professional investment consultants).

These companies have a priority of interest in signing people up for investments and their biggest priority is to make money for themselves. The longer term you sign for, the more money they will make. If you happen you to do well with the investments in the long run, it will be by sheer luck and not because of sound investment advice from somewhat questionable investment advisors.

Companies such as Deveres or GLobalEye might seem like a good investment choice up until the moment you sign on the dotted line. From that point forward, they are no longer interested in what is best for you in the long run. In addition, the people who spend a year of two signing up hapless investors, then take a 'runner' and leave you in the hands of someone else, who really has no interest in your investment needs. This new guy is only interested in signing up his hapless investors before his planned 'runner'.

They make their money by 'signing' you up and after that, they receive an added bonus if you elect to increase your contributions or seek further investments with them. I have yet to meet ANYONE who, after a year or two, elected to increase their exposure to these companies. So obviously, why would they continue to offer you advice and look after your investments, when they no longer earn money for that service.

Don't fall for the glossy sales approach of these companies. Seek investment advice from other sources and not from companies whose total business relies on signing up individuals for short to long term contracts.

NEVER EVER sign a contract for a fixed period of time with an investment company! The moment you do, they gotcha, especially in a place like Dubai.

In a normal place, these companies would never survive due to word of mouth and the ability for their 'abused' clients to take legal recourse against them. Unfortunately, these companies prosper in Dubai... at our expense.