PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Helping Hand...
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2009, 09:14
SuperJet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the above comments everyone! I am getting a better picture here.

I know that, under the DHL Corporate banner, a recruitment drive occurred last month for a bit, but seems to have stopped now. There was no mention of the type intended, be it A300 or B757. But, it did mention based in Brussles. However, I am hearing Leipzig a lot more since then.

I have no idea what the fleet preferences are for the future. I know the A300 and B757 are the workhorses, but is one on the way out? Is there a link between base and aircraft flown?

The attraction to me is that for an initial entry, albeit notarised as "Ab Initio" or "Cadet", the requirement is sensible, in my view, vis a vis other commercial operators - PPL/CPL/ME/IR/MCC. Clearly, the silver-bullet of bringing a type rating to the table is spared those "cadets", and that is the main attraction for me.

Just to clarify, I haven't been offered anything, nor did I apply, but I am certain that this will be the way forward for me. As yet, I do not satisfy the minimum requirements, but forewarned is forearmed as they say, so please, keep the comments and info coming in, and thanks again to those who already have! Any specifics and details would be most welcome too!

Thanks

SJ