PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2009, 02:38
tigger2k8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tigger, why wouldn't the current passengers using the U2 service to LTN not fly with the failing shamrock to LHR? 30 miles apart, yeah that'll just be a few minutes. Passengers fly into different airports for logistical reasons not just the price i.e. meetings and training maybe closer to STN than LGW, that is why they fly into STN.
well incase you didnt notice, theres going to be 2 rotations on the BHD-LTN route and 0 from BFS, the earliest of which will put you in LTN airport (not your meeting/training) for near 10am, if someone needs to get to a location thats in the LTN area (before 10) and LHR is closer to that location than STN...then i see no reason why passengers would not consider EI..i never mentioned prices... passengers also need to be in areas at certain times which can decide where they fly to, not just for logistical reasons/price

But sure, EI out of BFS to LHR should get out very quick considering there is very little traffic up at the lough this winter How many tumbleweeds have went past you on the ramp?
little traffic? take those sunglasses off at night time , ill agree that between 1100-1400 that theres the odd tumbleweed although i have been airside twice in the last month... you never see them now as they either disappear down a pot hole or get caught in the red and white barriers.. outside of those hours however you could see 4 WW flights and 7-9 EZYs down within 20 mins, but obviously thats not busy

hopefully the airports management has some common sense, if not they could easily destroy the airport.. but i guess its a struggle in this recession... even though short/medium haul PAX numbers havn't changed much.. infact in some cases more people are travelling

Last edited by tigger2k8; 4th Nov 2009 at 11:37.