PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 18:55
PilotsOfTheCaribbean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tell that to Easyjet management! It's called 'market forces'. Too many pilots chasing too few jobs, pay goes down. Fighting it is like fighting the tide. And NSF in his cosy little niche is soon going to find the water washing away his little sand castle! Blame it on a few ex-Hamble pilots all you like- remove them from the equation and you will find absolutely no difference.
You need to read what was written, rather than what you think was written.
Nobody was blaming anything on ex-hamble pilots. That was a mature highly selective scheme that provided a few (properly sponsored) places annually, into a large state (later privatised) carrier. However this "type" of scheme was later exploited to provide a profitable factory of 200 hour pilots for airlines that wanted a cheap supply of type rated licence holders to satisfy the CAA's Minimum requirements for the right hand seat.

Anyone who listens to some of your absurd advice deserves to be in the unemployment queue! But it does sound in un peu bad taste- people in paid employment encouraging unemployed not to apply to a particular company!
I cannot see where I gave any advice. The post was all observation or comment. However that is a bit rich coming from somebody who has "toxic" as a personal title! I am certainly not criticising your opportunities and good fortune, nor I am I criticising any companies "market rate" if it can satisfy its own demand with the offer it makes. Obviously for those blessed with two incomes, it is only a requirement that the secondary income satisfies their own personal comfort levels to be acceptable. For somebody who is unemployed, it is more a question of survival. Toxic you may be, but beyond the naive, you are fooling no one, and you know it.