PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR flight planning and navigation software I've written
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 16:49
Oldvicar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Tim, more congratulations on producing a great application,and thank you for the great convenience. I'd like to contribute a few suggestions.

I very much like the new chart colouring in 0.9.8.

The ability to print the chart view would be greatly advantageous for route familiarisation before flights. I fully accept the need to have a CAA chart plotted and in the cockpit always, but the subset of information which could be printed from SkyAngel would be very convenient pre-flight.

Is there any argument against printing out the wonderful en-route features? This will be a huge safety feature and a great help to all of us.

Can I set my home airfield (Conington in my case) as the centre of the screen on start-up? I don't often get down to the wilds of the beautiful south-west!

When I double-click on a route segment, I get an unhandled exception error - which is a surprising outcome. When I select 'Continue' and then enter new altitude and speed for that segment, the values don't appear to be accepted. Am I doing something wrong?

I hope these help, and I'm pleased to be able to contribute to the development of such a useful and well-designed product. I'm running it on the 'production' version of Windows 7 Professional without any difficulty, by the way.