PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 16:22
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is a little surprising that no one has jumped on it before now but today's media are reporting that Cork City is to be named among the top 10 cities to visit in 2010 according to the Lonely Planet guide's 'Best in Travel 2010.' The best quote is - 'Cork is at the top of it's game right now: sophisticated, vibrant and diverse, while still retaining it's friendliness, relaxed charm and quick fire wit.'

There now, if the Cork Airport marketing department cant get a few new routes, even if seasonal, on the strength of such a strong recommendation they should simply close up shop and head off for a bag of chips at Lennox's.

It is also of note that EI are restoring Cork - Lisbon again for next summer though at reduced capacity on Mondays and Friday. Good days to pick for the weekenders and the Fatima pilgrimage enthusiasts. I will have to eat my hat on this one as I seem to recall that if EI made a better go of Lisbon over Madrid that I would indeed have to make a little feast of my head dressing. Grub's up soon and I have the TK sauce ready to give some flavour to me hat!