PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A few questions on PC
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 16:21
ayrprox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, it used to be scacc and the mil in the one ops room , with the D&D cell in the box room in the corner. and shanwick had their own ops room round the corner. Macc were located at manchester airport just below the tower.
as things stand, shanwick are located in the new place, and the mil are imminently to move, if they haven't already, with scacc moving in in early december and macc sometime in january i think.
Yes we are indeed moving to the node system. and we are getting a fully comprehensive set of training days to learn the node systems plusses(many) and negatives(many as well). we are also getting a new telephone and radio panel system which we are having to learn, as well as a new backup r/t and telephone system, a new information retrieval system(SIRS), oh and mode S of course. did i leave anything out?
As far as i'm aware , the transition should be seemless from the pilots perspective, with no frequency or sector changes. however, if we sound a bit lost on the r/t , bare with us , we are losing all our little aid memoirs posted around each sector which are deemed to be huuge fire risks and all this information is going to be on the new SIRS, but we need to find the right page
thanks awfully