PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I am an Army of One (merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2002, 01:43
Willit Run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW,
Sitting in my hotel room, I was told of this thread by a friend and decided to take a look. This has totally degenerated to a new low!

I have been involved in the non-sched sector for 16 years now, both PAX and cargo,so that is my root thinking.

Most Pilots are fairly intelligent folks, some with a formal education and some with a blue collar background of baggage handleing,fueling, maintenence and so forth. Now, when we have the knowledge and background and basic skills of the management in our various companies, we tend to be able to see many problems and have solutions some of the time. Now, lets take a short side step for a sec and and ask what we do as pilots when we have a problem in the cockpit? We use our intelligence and knowledge to solve these problems, try to keep the ego's out of the equation,and hopefullycome to a conclusion with some CRM thrown in. Back to the main line now! If management and the FAA/CAA mandate we use CRM in the cockpit, why is it not employed in their day to day problem solving and attitudes towards employees. When we as crewmembers see blatent waste of money, and I mean a LOT of money, and then the management folks have the gall to tell us they can't afford to pay us more, frustration just does not quite describe the feelings that run through all of us.
Unfortuneatley, I have never been on the gravy train anywhere,(but would like to find one just for a month or two) and when we see the thousands of dollars that are wasted every month, we sit and say " gee, I'd like to have some of that"
There are some very well paid pilots out there who wouldn't necessarily appreciate a few extra hundred bucks a month, but us non schedders sure would like to have it and when we see the amount of waste that prevails, it just drives us crazy!!!
We all work for ourselves when you get down to the bottom line, and if you work for a company, cooperation with everyone sure would help the bottom line and the bean counters to the floor sweepers would enjoy the benefits.

Maybe I should go back to the pool and get some more sun?,, maybe thats what started this rant in the first place! HELP!!!