PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest way to a ATPL?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 15:33
FlyBoyFryer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As mentioned before, you should be able to find out all this kind of information within other numerous posts on PPRuNe but given I was once like you (and it's easy enough to misunderstand the finer points and almost endless acronyms), hopefully I can help.

Simply put, a CPL is a license.

In order to achieve one, you would undertake a Modular or Integrated path. Either (you would never do both, it’s completely illogical) of these paths would typically result in obtaining a “frozen” ATPL (unfrozen when further specific criteria are met).

Because an ATPL is comprised of various licenses, ratings and qualifications, it gets neatly wrapped up, contextually, by means of one of the two.

If you elect a modular path, it’s up to you to establish and maintain training schedules, locations and financial agreements with a number of providers. It’s cheaper, arguably faster and leaves you in control of the individual components (PPL, CPL, ME, IR and MCC etc.).

If you elect an integrated path, it’ll all be done for you. Turn up, pay the man at the door and simply work your socks off. That’s all that should be required whilst a dedicated team line you up for the next phase of training. Whilst you will pay more, there are a number of benefits to this approach.

You mentioned a sponsorship scheme – this would be a good example of an Integrated path.

Just think… “All roads lead to Rome” and you should be fine.

Good luck.

Last edited by FlyBoyFryer; 3rd Nov 2009 at 15:44.