PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM 3054 Report released
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 12:13
alemaobaiano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All I can see is the obvious failure of a system : The BEA should be a leader in the continuous research of SAFETY but instead they show their total inbreeding with Airbus.

Page 118 "Furthermore, the BEA thinks that the Congonhas event was not foreseeable"
Page 119 "Since the accident, Airbus has been studying new corrective actions to take in account this scenario, which is now known"

How do they dare writing that after Bacolod and Taipei ???
CONF iture, as they acknowledge Bacolod and Taipei in the very next paragraph I don't see that they are saying anything outrageous. They point out that TAM didn't have H2F3 and that the revised procedure wasn't followed, neither of which can be laid at the door of Airbus or the BEA.

I notice that you are concentrating on the technical issues with Airbus, but from my point of view the report raises many more concerns about TAM. As a frequent flier here in Brazil facts such as a failure to follow basic procedures (three different techniques in the last three landings?) do not exactly fill me with confidence when I board a flight.

TTFN