PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northwest Cargo
Thread: Northwest Cargo
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 05:58
Heracles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Northwest Cargo

Folks,
At the risk of treading on some probably very sore nerves,, what is the "latest" on Northwest's, or Delta Red,'s or Delta North's cargo ops?
Twelve-ish 742's were advertised as going to the boneyard, by the end of year at the latest. The economy not withstanding,, well the economy is.. well.
The presence or absence of that much lift has got to be felt in the Pac-rim.

So, in the spirit of I'll show mine if you show me your's, this is either "known" or logically assumed:

- Delta south will not soil themselves with cargo = 742's not going to other markets.
- A great deal of the past flying was ACMI-ish for DHL,, DHL now has it's own 744 fleet, so the main customer is gone.
- DHL already heads the list for 747-8's when they come online, don't even bother to underbid.
- If Delta North were interested in persueing cargo in any form, 744 pax birds would already be in line for conversion to BCF's.
- JAL, SIA, and several others are having clearence sales on BCF feed stock, but not a peep from Atlanta.
- Pratt powered,, enough said. (I LOVE the PW-4000,, but the JT-9 is ecomonically dead)
- Regulations/rules will kill the 742 soon, even if fuel prices don't.
- See first point.

This is really just an invite for the free exchange of information (curious mostly),, no harm or flame-baiting intended.
--Heracles