PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM 3054 Report released
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 05:06
ULMFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CONF iture

Help again : In the present report, any further specific detail on what does include the FWC (H2F3) standard except the triggering of a specific warning associated to an ECAM message ENG X THR LEVER ABV IDLE ?To my knowledge, it does not feature a modification in the RETARD callout logic (?) which is the purpose of the recommendation 170/A/07.

I had been under the impression that H2F3 did modify the callout logic. However, I just reread the relevant parts of the report and this is apparently not so. (The report actually reads a little ambiguously in Portuguese, but it became clearer when I was translating the relevant section on p.48 into English).

In any case, the only reference to H2F3 modifications is indeed in regard to the ECAM msg. So, I suppose you're right with respect to
recommendation 170/A/07. However, another criticism in the report that also applies to this recommendation is the fact that this callout will still sound even after both levers are already in the IDLE detent, say, at 10 ft AGL during flare. In the eyes of CENIPA, the callout is not serving its purpose if it doesn't recognize that both levers have already been retarded, and this ends up leading to some complacency on the part of flight crews.

Hope this helps.