PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Loads Bags onto wrong flights
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 22:20
Worrals in the wilds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So out of interest, in your opinions a A320 with a much heavier load than planned for would not have serious issues on takeoff?

In the incident I referred to, the first aircraft to depart was the lighter one, and apparently apart from a 'What the...' moment on takeoff there were no real issues. IIRC the load control documents were for the lighter load as there had been a barrow mix up on the ramp, so no-one knew the load was incorrect until takeoff, when the crew reported anomalies and someone stuck their head in the other A320.

The people on the ground (the ones who goofed) were devoutly thankful that the heavier A320 had not departed first, as they seemed to think it may have been a bit hairy on takeoff, although the main RWY here is a 4F XXL model. They also thought the fuel consumption would have been greater and may have required a pit stop along the way. Is that a likely outcome? I'm not aware of the respective weights, but there was a reasonable difference, from memory about 60 pax versus a full load.

I've never flown anything bigger than a Cessna (and frequently ballsed up the wieght and balance exercises ) so I'd be interested to hear more.