PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-LADZ comes a cropper!!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 21:50
206 jock

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Have you noticed how it looks in the photograph? The pilot has it under complete control, as if the machine is an extension to his body.

Can you see the way in which it is being held in a perfect hover whilst being gently reversed out of it's parking slot?

This is clearly a photograph of a masterful and expert pilot at work.

Who is flying it?

Oh, it's me!!!!!
Hmmm. Like elephants, helo pilots have long(ish) memories. Always best not to blow one's trumpet too much in this game.

I shared the flying with a pal of mine throughout the day, but the "scary lift" was mine. I regret it's not my usual standard or style but ATC advised me that there was an R44 immediately behind me so I chose to lift and transition away, only for them to remind me that I shouldn't overfly to the West.

I chose to turn away and from the area and it left me flying towards the tress. I knew they were there and I was light with plenty of power but it didn't look good and I'm not happy about it. In hindsight I should have continued because I would still have been clear of the area or waited and used the FATO.

I've been chastised already by my very good friend and instructor ( I do oodles of continuation training) who watched from the ground and bollocked me