PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radial piston engine oil leaks, DC-4 thru DC-7 and Constellations
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 20:20
Carl Hearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
”two COLPET DC-3s (in Colombia).”

Hi,My name is Carl Hearn. I just stumbled upon your 6th March 2009 reference to ”two COLPET DC-3s (in Colombia).” I’m thinking these might be the same two DC-3s owned by the Colombian Petroleum Company, which were primarily used to transport personnel, equipment, and supplies to and from Cucuta, and the company’s oil camps. If so, I rode in the aircraft a number of times during the years 1948-50 when they were flown by pilots named Hightower and Parrish. I also went to school with the pilots’ respective sons, Jimmy and Michael. My dad, Carl Hearn Sr. was employed by COLPET until 1951 when he went to work for Royal Dutch Shell and we moved to Venezuela. I’m guessing the aircraft I traveled in would not have had disk brakes at the time I mention, but it is fun and interesting to read about aircraft that could be the same ones, just updated. It would also be fun and interesting to hear about your connection with these aircraft and the place and time? My email address is [email protected]