PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disgruntled
Thread: Disgruntled
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 15:17
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Interesting initial comment and responses.

I flew BA to Bordeaux last week A319 out 737-400 back both were appallingly tatty inside and the 73 was pretty shabby on the outside but I like to think with BA that’s just cosmetic and they are maintained to the same standards as years back, also I know the 73s days are numbered .
The point for pax though is they are entitled to a clean interior and one that looks like it has been deep cleaned in living memory .I do not mean spotless but I do think this is a failing on BAs part that does rather let them down. Cabin service including meal excellent on way out less good but perfectly acceptable on way back -All women out all men back by the way.
Being a regular traveller to la Belle France the Ryanair or BA comparison often comes to my mind but I always thus far have resolved it in favour of BA and BA providing a flight with grubby shabby cabins doesn’t really help and yet can hardly be that costly.
I like to think I can still trust BA on the operations and maintenance side of things. With our friends from across the Irish Sea I just think that if corporate ethos extends to shall we say a less than transparent approach on their fares and commercial policies driven by their cavalier CEO then I find it hard to imagine that will not in some way translate to the less visible side of an airline ie operations and maintenance. So I find it difficult to trust Ryanair because of their commercial activities it is hard to see why I should trust them on the operational side (or to be frank with their huge 'reported' profits on the financial side either.) . Again just an observation