PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR Security
Thread: LHR Security
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 12:43
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rusland 17 excellent point re the offence and yes it is an offence of taking knives on board a flight which F3G has asked you to provide "definitive evidence" of. I note you have not replied presumably because you ignored the post?

F3G is on my ignore list but as I'm a newbie to PPrune I didn't realise you had to log in to make the list active therefore reading the latest F3G posts.....my mistake because i actually read the challenge laid down by someone who thinks they are above the law because they fly frequently and in first or premium at that!! Again frequently shoved down everyones throat but the Uk rules are just the same however much money you wish/have to spend on class!!

The amount of websites F3G has to choose from on this subject are in the thousands....just try Google and type in "carrying knives on a plane". That will also bring up the official goverment website on the legalities of carrying a knife in public as well. Think F3G you will find it's illegal

That I'm sure won't be enough for the likes of someone who clearly thinks they can interpret the law to suit themselves so maybe the "definitive evidence" will come from their own post !!

#65 on the Gatwick North thread is made by F3G himself. It makes reference to his friend being prosecuted for presenting a knife at security....apparently! His friend/colleague or whatever aquaintance then obtained a criminal record and community service.....according to F3G.

Now I'm no expert here but I think the Police, Crown Prosecution Service, and the courts do not have time to waste on people who are doing nothing illegal.

BTW F3G not "stamping my foot" just stating the blindingly bloody obvious.....it's illegal to take a knife on board a flight in the UK!! Clearly there are people here who can't?won't grasp that.

Que the hissey fits now