PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beware Horrendous Parking Charges at Galway
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 10:40
deanoverton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Galway Airport

John

Unbelievably I got a grovelling letter the other day from Joe Walsh, the MD of Galway Airport, after I had written a complaint letter to him. He refunded me €92 to my credit card! In the letter he says : "I note the comments made in your letter an am pleased to advise you that Galway Airport were in the process of reviewing its parking charges for general avaiation traffic at the airport and on this basis we are prepared to process a refund on your aircraft parking and landing charges assocaited with your visit to Galway on 22 August 2009.

The refund will be based on a maximum daily charge of €30 per day with an hourly charge of €3 per hour associated with aircraft parking and a landing fee of €20".

He then goes on to say: "Galway Airport has invested significantly in the provision of facilities and services at Galway Airport over the recent years. These improvements have included the creation of additional apron parking areas and construction of a new genearl aviation hangar. We recently hosted a fly in for UK based aircraft in July this year which proved to be a huge success [it will have been a huge success if you didn't rip off your customers - the first rule of business!]. as part of our process in developing general aviation business at the airport we have reviewed our general aviation charges as part of that process"

Looks like we have a victory here, guys - I just hope no-one else has been ripped off in the meantime!

Deano