PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Arrest
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2002, 18:41
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a helpful BA Ground Staff member at LGW, I have, on more than a few occasions, raced certain members of our Cabin Crew between piers from Inbound flights to an outbound connection to get them home. (Indeed, had I not done so, they would have had to shell out for accommodation at LGW!)

Because of my position, and working at LGW (which is a friendly sort of place) H M Customs and H M Immigration officials tend to know me and allow unhindered passage. Once or twice, I have even taken our Cabin staff members on a direct route avoiding both authorities!

If this guy is guilty (and I hope against hope that he isn't!), then I feel disgusted that my goodwill could have been abused and that H M Customs colleagues will no longer trust my judgement. Even worse is the thought that I could have unwittingly assisted in smuggling.

This incident has now spoiled things for other Cabin Crew members!

As for tarring everyone at BA with the same brush, that is old bollocks (read Richard Branson's book, bollocks is not swearing - they are the utterances of priests!) Of course in such a large undertaking, we cannot all be perfect but I would guess that for every one bad apple, there are a thousand or more honest, hard working, genuine people!

Cheers