PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A 330 Wheels down speed and noise
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 09:49
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Information

Rainboe,

Just a question asked tapping into vast knowledge of pilots. Therefore this was asked in the SLF section.

As far as the noise is concerned I have been flying as an SLF for over 20 years now and do realize the sound made in the passenger cabin is louder than normal or not. I am assuming you have done most of your flying up front so maybe in this area a veteran SLF does have some experience. I still stand by that the noise was way above what I have experienced and was wondering if gear lowered at 250 mph plus could be the cause (note on the IFE sector inbound I saw 250 mph on the screens when the noise of gear coming down started. Still ask this question and hope you can answer it.

The only reason I knew gear came down 45 seconds before landing is because on the IFE on the top left they had a countdown on the program I was watching and from the time the noise ended of the wheels down till we touched down was 45 seconds.

Staying on sound I was in row 23 G both times and I must say the 330 is the quitest plane I have been on a long time considering my proximity to the engines.