PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Loads Bags onto wrong flights
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 03:55
Capn Bloggs

Received 82 Likes on 48 Posts
pilotshorvath,

I could be wrong, and if I am, I'm more than happy to be corrected.
and
Could any ground crew out there confirm/deny this summary?!
Are you telling us or asking us? I suggest that you desist from sledging My Oleo is Extended until you establish exactly what procedures are in place at what company.

To suggest that a 6 tonne error is nothing to worry about shows you have little idea about this type of operation. Had a mid size jet had an error like that and a normal performance buffer of only a couple of tonnes and suffered an engine failure at the wrong time, a smoking hole in the ground would be a distinct possibility.

The recent incident in Melbourne with Emirates showed that even an aircraft with a 100 tonne discrepancy can get off the ground.
Had they lost an engine at rotate, the following event would have been as Oleo suggested. Maybe you didn't know, but these types of aeroplanes are designed (and required) to be flown so that if an engine fails, with no further action by the crew like slamming the throttles to the full forward position, the aeroplane will fly away OK. In both your scenarios, it would have done nothing of the sort.