PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Puma Crash, Enquiry and Inquest (Merged)
Old 1st Nov 2009, 20:04
Tiger_mate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service Complaints Commisioner - Independent arbitration by a civilian.
Condors, Murphys and Open Reporting ARE taken very seriously. In my experience open reporting more so, simply because the reporting individual is prepared to stand up and be counted.

However you do not need to witness in person the result of a complaint being dealt with. There are two sides to every story, and everbody has a boss to answer to. There is a saying "Praise in public", - "Bollo* in private", which is applied better the higher up the food chain the alleged offender is. The rights and wrongs of this protocol are what create the perception that nothing gets done. Of cause there are strong and weak leaders irrespective of rank, and the latter can do much to cause a lifetime of ill feeling.

The bottom line is that there are protocols in place and clearly you do not have any repect or faith in them. That is a fault of the system. I would (with respect) advise caution about being narrow minded to the detriment of knowing a bigger picture. I know of many times the officer corps have had the mother of all one sided debates often accompanied by a string of extra duties. Nothing they would shout about, or anything you would necessarily see.