PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter shared ownership
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2009, 15:11
enstrompilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi Bladegrabber

pics etc

Try entering Alouette II or HA-IDL , in Google , there is lots of history to be found on the web, HA-IDL is a 313B (the most updated version before the engine change to 318C) last AD was ? yrs ago ! (either no one cares or this is a very sorted machine !)

Hourly operating costs

depends on how you count things, the fuel cost range up from 56p/ltr if you own your own bowers to lots per litre if you visit airfields, the tax depends on if its personal or business flying.

The engine and major component reserve fund is much in the eyes of the beholder, but very few, if any, components are on calandar, only major items, engines, gearboxes, baldes etc are time limited, all with large allowances and all make time limits. Spares can be tricky/pricey to find quickly, but as most make life, planning ahead can make a huge difference. there are 4 or 5 co's world wide who hold big stocks (often ex of military users who built massive stock and have recently released to private hands). Blades and Engines are particularly hard to find, but they do come up sometimes, engine at E80-100 per hr remaining and blades at E5 per hr remaining.

Insurance (no hull) is a little as 1,000 Euro (my last E860) including 4 x pax.

Annual maint costs typically £3k, 50hr typicllay £500 (1-2 days). the whole thing is rock solid, does not use oil, just do the daily preflight lub and 'off you go'

being 3 blades it needs a big hangar, I built one at home (£4k).

I recon my Alouette cost half the cost of my last Enstrom F28F on same hrs basis

I find my real costs are £140-£160 phr based on 120 hr pa. this excludes main part life consumption (I have a v large parts stock I have collected over the yrs so have parts to keep flying as long as the CAA let me)

Re hours cant do self fly but come visit, either nr Birmingham or Eastbourne and come for a flight !

cheers
enstrom pilot