PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France A330 "Crash Revelations" tonight
Old 1st Nov 2009, 10:55
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In 1939 a majority of germany was convinced Hitler was right ....just a minority was against ....in south africa during apartheid a majority of whites were ok with that, a minority was against ....
Now, this is sounding a tad melodramatic, don't you think ? You are not going to compare yourself with beaten up to pulp black South Africans who spent half of their life in jail, or german jews who ended up as soap bars are you ? At over 10 000 euros a month I'm not about to pull out my hankie.
I urge you to listen to Sully's Sullenberger interview. This guy, after having done something that I fear I would never have been able to do, calmly tells you he's lost 40 % of his salary and 2/3 of his pension and voices real concerns about the state of the airline industry, in the US and worldwide. Now, I would call this something to worry about.
All you have to do is to convince the 2000, sorry, 1999 still lost souls to join the right path.
What I know however, is that there is a significant number of AF pilots who are just fed up with this constant public union / management bickering that makes the airline look like a cookoo's nest from the outside. They are too busy doing their job to even waste their time on the internet or union meetings where they're not invited as you said. They also say thank you to the **** who leaked that famous management letter that makes their life so much easier knowing the first next incident will be a meal for the media............and AF competitors.............And I didn't get this on channel 4.
I'm not making it personal, got nothing against you. I just get irked when facts get twisted and your naïvity is compelling. I am glad to hear an audit will take place. I'm sure management will get its fair share of blame.........sorry........recomendations, but if you expect to also come out like Snow White, don't forget to write to Santa come December.

Anyway, given the bad publicity the airline has received after the crash, I don't think any audit will publicly flog AF. It will be done in house, like it should, unless you wish the airline to go down and 10 of thousands of people with it. Mind you, there will no doubt be another " deep throat " ready to leak the report to the media I'm sure.
Don't think I am an altar boy who doesn't know a thing about french politics. I just think it's a lot of drama for very little results. Personal opinion..........backed up by history, that's all.
Channel 4 is brillant, don't you think ?
Anyway, the topic of the thread was : AF 447 on ABC Foreign correspondant : Not worth my time. Still, if you like this kind of Tv, the link is here somewhere. You would wonder why an australian channel has any interest in this.

Last edited by Me Myself; 2nd Nov 2009 at 00:56.