PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Loads Bags onto wrong flights
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2009, 10:37
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible Bigger Issue

Interesting post by 'aviator's_anonymous'.
Heard off the grapevine that bags for two TT flights leaving Adelaide were put on the wrong flights... apparently all bags going to Melbourne were loaded onto the Gold coast flight, and the bags for Gold coast were loaded onto the Melbourne flight... does that seem possible?
Yes.The chance of this happenning is quite sadly highly possible.If it did occur, then obviously the poor old pax will be inconvenienced. And this has happenned on many occasions before that incorrect bags have been loaded onto the wrong aircraft. But that is the least import issue here if any truth exists in the story.
My concerns would be with the following ?
  • How and why did the mistake occur ?
  • Has the incident been reported to the ATSB ?
  • What was notated on the final LIR, and who and how many people signed it off as being correct ?
  • As a result of the incorrect loading, did the Cof G of either aircraft shift to a point that aerodynamics may have been adversely compromised during all phases of flight ?
  • Has Tiger launched an internal safety investigation of their own ?
There are a myriad more questions that could be added to the list, but if there is any truth in this threads posting, then there seems to be an evident emerging trend in dangerous incidents occurring nationally within Australia on a frightful regular basis .