PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair TR Funding
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2009, 10:31
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts
it's one of the best places to start out - certainly not a poor relation to BA et al.

Seriously guys, we are joining Ryanair... go cry somewhere else. This thread is for people joining Ryanair, you will not stop us.

It is absurd to suggest to anyone that letting an excellent flying opportunity such as FR pass by is preferable to accepting it

In no other airline will a Pilot gain as many hours a year

with a stable roster pattern and therefore a life that they can plan.

It is my honest belief that FR is the best place for a flight school graduate to cut their teeth in this industry.

I'll be happy to take my own food to work in the knowledge that the company is operating with no wastages or unneccessary costs

You're being delusional and narcissistic.

And that's being generous.

IF you can hear me over the roaring laughter emanating from Ryanair HQ as Michael reads this thread through tears of laughter..

Firstly, as I have said many times on many threads over many months, the Ryanair deal is the best option as its pretty much the only option out there. I've also said that as long as the airline keeps giving your hours then you may recoup your spending and may get a full time contract and spend your career there.

Secondly, PPRuNe isn't here particularly to support you. You're about to embark on a £33k SSTR and start airline flying so you're barely a Wannabe any more. You've made your bed to lie in and I'm damned if I'm going to feel any compunction about warning those behind you about what a flee infested rickety one it is.

Thirdly, you may be sadly mistaken to think you're buying yourself a job in exchange for £33k. There is nothing to stop you being put onto Brookfield and then given an hour a month, here and there, out of any base, until you get tired of it and move over to be replaced by the next bunch of cheque waiving queue jumpers. Expansion plans ain't set in stone and as a Brooky you've got 24 hours notice to collect your empty water bottles, hand back your ID and walk off into the night.

You're so puffed up and excited you think I'm trying to persuade you to change your mind. I'm not. I care as little about you and your career as Michael O Leary does (believe me, that's bordering on the unmeasurable). What I do care for are the people behind you, often way behind you, who don't really understand where the current state of play is when it comes to the SSTR option. I'm just as scathing of CTC and their marketing sleight of hand as they continue to recruit for the Wings scheme.

Good luck, be interesting to know how your views change after a year or so when the novelty of the jet has worn off. And it will.