PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger and J*
Thread: Tiger and J*
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2009, 09:02
Jetbest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If JetStar are earning as much as what tunedog makes out ,then where is the cost difference between Jetstar and Qantas says blow.n.gasket

Allow me to enlighten you.The cost difference is you 655+page EBA.
1.QF need over 40% more crews to operate there A330 than JQ.When the QF A330 went from the SH award to the LH award there was a 40% increase required in crew numbers to satisfy the LH award efficiencies!!!!
2.No load planners done by crew[not that hard].QF have 210 people in load planning.
3.All flap settings avail for takeoff as per airbus FCOM.This allows better flex and thus money saving[QF only use flap 2,not efficient on long R/W]

I cud go on but not enough time.The money figures for the A330 are close to the mark [$220-260]You shud not be afraid of a bit of hard work.I fly over 900 stick [not credit]every year and manage 15 days at home every month.This will get better with the new A/c and increased frequency to current ports.This is the norm with most overseas carriers.Blank lines ETC are something only you guys have!!!
Unless you and you companions break out of the mindset that there is only one way to operate IE QF or nothing,you will all have plenty of time off