PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 31st Oct 2009, 20:55
nuttyrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I may be lost...

Sorry Cunarsil, I thought I had come up with a cunning plan. So even if you came over on a visitors visa the embassy says you need to go back to sort out the student visa?? Figure that one out, bloody bureaucrats.

Plan B, give a few training providers a call and ask to speak to international students that they have on the books. I’m sure they can find a student happy to talk to you.

If you come to NZ and find that the school you have chosen is not spinning your wheels, you can transfer to another provider. A pain in the arse but it can be done.

EMS R22 – I am reminded of a humorous story told by a friend of mine (a kiwi contract pilot). He was flying on fires in NSW, Australia and was in the unfortunate position of being temporary misplaced. When he finally figured out the approximate area that he was in it became apparent that he had better vacate the area pretty quick.

To make things worse the radio crackled into life with something along the lines of...

‘aircraft 1.5 nautical miles inside the eastern boundary of Richmond air force restricted area, this is Richmond control, please identify yourself immediately’

Fearing that the might of the Australian air force was about to descend upon him he thought it prudent that he respond...

‘I may be lost but I am not stupid’

Therefore I think I will remain anonymous for the moment...