PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTSB investigating possible nodding off of Northwest pilots
Old 31st Oct 2009, 19:17
protectthehornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the only

the only people on this forum who should even consider passing judgement in a professional way are those who are real airline pilots flying jets.

IF you are outraged and you are a passenger or not an airline pilot...you can judge BY NOT BUYING TICKETS ON NORTHWEST/DELTA

Now, I've seen some pretty crummy pilots in my 34 years since my first solo. Some are just enormously lucky (and luck outranks skill anyday). Some should lose their ticket.

but I've seen crummy mechanics, air traffic controllers who put me head on at 800 feet with a DC10 at KPHL...me cleared for approach on runway 9R, the DC10 cleared for takeoff on 27L...YOu do the math!!!!

I've also seen doctors prescribe the wrong drugs causing problems. Auto mechanics not tighten the steering wheel and having the wheel come off in my hand.

And lots of other professions.

But, the captain had 20k hours of accident free time up till now. Let's wait just a bit and get the whole story.