PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR Security
Thread: LHR Security
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2009, 14:40
Boss Raptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you Forget on the shoe nails issue - you are (and i didnt doubt) quite correct ZRH security actually explained this to me and i have to admit I had no idea that my shoes had that heel to toe metal strip...they knew and were very knowledgeable about it in a constructive 'dont worry we think we know what it is' sort of way...like you that was a new one on me...the other less educated airports are convinced and quite happy it is the three nails which constitute new soles with the nails being on the toes although it has only ever in 8 years been picked up by a scanner at one other airport and I forget which that was

Addendum - as above comments totally agree; security staff - direct me what to do, give me a tray, tell me what you want...and all will be well...at Prague for example they regularly stuff the pile of trays to the entrance side wall of the scanner area (not in obvious walk/flow/sight line from entrance to scanner belt/line) and you are supposed to know where just out of eye shot they have put them so get one yourself, take to scanner etc. ...and then get arsey when you shrug your shoulders and say so where are the trays (idiot!)?

WHBM...luv the idea but agree the consequence

Last edited by Boss Raptor; 31st Oct 2009 at 14:51.