PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 31st Oct 2009, 12:26
Biggus

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts
Regarding the comment from TD...

"We received a letter from No 2 Group today stating:

You may be particularly concerned to know what action will be taken against those who have been criticised in the report. The individuals still serving in the RAF are no longer employed in roles with any connection to airworthiness or safety..."

I can appreciate that they are not currently in jobs "specifically" relating to Flight Safety, so perhaps the statement is correct. However, during my many years in the RAF the Flight Safety mantra drilled into me was that Flight Safety was everyone's responsibility, with accompanying films showing the impact on Flight Safety that cooks, stewards, policeman (the Benny Hill soundtrack as an RAF policeman cycled to the tower to report he had just seen an aircraft taxying past with a panel loose/red flag) etc, can all have. Surely simply by being (very) senior officers in the RAF, they have a responsibility, albeit maybe not directly, towards Flight Safety on an everyday basis.

Maybe I am being unnecessarily "picky" - no doubt someone will put me right shortly!