PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR Security
Thread: LHR Security
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2009, 08:41
Boss Raptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yep nothing changes...

London City last month I asked politely at beginning of unloading point for security scanner 'do you need my laptop out? - to be answered gruffly and rudely 'it is always laptops out...' as though as I was some sort of moron - I then replied that no actually it isnt at London Heathrow and some other UK airports and gave him a short but sharp lecture on how DETR security procedures give allowances for airports clearly unlike London City who a) have adequate scanning equipment and b) have attained a higher level of security alertness for both staff, training and equipment (unlike them)' - the guy and his supervisor just gauped and didnt talk to me again...whilst the rest of the line of pax visibly started giggling (and I got a well done from several of them...one businessman even bought me a coffee)

Gatwick South - shoes off line (apparently) - except no actual signage to that effect - gruff women at scanner 'take your shoes off' - my reply 'ok but no one told me that...' - the reply 'there is a sign' - oh no there isnt it, go and find it then...reluctant acceptance that yes as I had stated there was no sign whatsover directing that line to take shoes off prior to scanner and a sort of mumbled apology...

I go thru ZRH often and I find their security very tight and i always get pulled up for the nails in my shoes...however they are it seems in my opinion polite courteous and apologetic when asking u to take your shoes off for another scan...'pls sir...because....thank you sir for your co-operation...sorry for delaying you'

It is not just the implementation of the security but the actual 'customer service' aspect which all too often seem so lacing and is actually what winds me up the most...security please note...be nice to me and I'll be nice and relaxed with you