PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NASAIR Info (threads merged) - all you need to know about them
Old 31st Oct 2009, 04:48
ME Sneak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
email sent in compny mail

Dear colleagues here are some thoughts of mine:

1.I worked 13 days and didn't have a day off. Not legal you say. Well I show you how: Tuesday morning 05:40 you check out from a Sanaa trip, Wednesday morning 05:40 you check in for another 3 leg duty.24 hours is all you need. Just be flexible with your sleeping rhythm and enjoy your OFF DAY.

2.DFO 09-034 states: You have to be available for duty until 23:59. Please tell me what kind of duty we have that lasts for a minute, because at 00:01 starts my off duty. You just come back from your off rotation. A comfortable 14 Hours in Economy class. You are well rested and relaxed. You have to be because at 0001 you get a call for a 02:00 pickup. Only 4 legs and 12 hours duty. Enjoy your flight and remember :SAFETY FIRST !

3.As all of you I was asked to do some overtime, the company needs me; good feeling. I am always ready to help. But my family needs me and not the money so I agreed to do unpaid overtime if I get the time compensated. I was told this was not possible, so I said NO to the overtime. My November roster shows me 4 days overtime. Don't ask if you anyhow do what you want

4.COO told as it is only a short-term shortage : we all work maximum hours with minimum layover and there is a new aircraft and new routes to fly. Well the hiring is in full swing, the only problem is that it takes 6 to 8 month until the guys are checked out and online. By the way shorterm shortage: for 8 month I tried to get compensated for 8 weeks overtime. Every month I am told that they are unable to give me my time because of shortage. So how long is short-term in NAS?

Finally:Im come into my 6.th year with NAS and besides problems I always felt I worked in a generous company.
Something has changed and not for the good.

Well the good thing is I can always talk with my DFO to express my worries,ah yes, we don't have one at the moment ,but it is only short-term.
Please stay safe and motivated and

GOD BLESS US ALL

ALL HE SAY TRUE

FLT TIME LIMIT DO NOT EXIST. CHAGE ROSTER TO SUIT

PILOT TAKE LONG TIME TO COME TO LINE

MANY JUST LEVE

ALL EX-PAT LOKING FOR WORK MANY GOIN TO SAUDIA

BE WARNED

Last edited by ME Sneak; 31st Oct 2009 at 05:02.