PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Puma Crash, Enquiry and Inquest (Merged)
Old 30th Oct 2009, 23:34
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of points to address before bed,

Easy Street,

"There is a world of difference between "pushing the envelope slightly" and "knowingly breaking your auth in the pursuit of some fun".

Sir, did you ever have a written auth telling you to go explore the envelope, you can argue the knowingly thing till the cows come home but 20 odd years of Rotary and Fixed wing flying tell me something completely different

BEagle,

Imagine a freight bay full of troops all secured by lap straps, tactically the best way to escape the threat zone is to zoom climb to 1200' and at 1200' aggressive lowering of the collective lever reduces the "G" and folks get a little bit lighter in their seats. Technically nothing illegal but where the **** was that ever auth'd.

AA,

After several years as an aircraft technician I joined the SH force as a crewman in 1989, arriving on 33 in 1990. Tours on 33, 230, and 18 Sqn tell me that the SH force that you pontificate about bears little resemblance to the one I gained 2000 hours in. I could regale tails about bunts causing ammo boxes to leave the aircraft and more but suffice to say you, for reasons only best known to yourself are talking tosh

Farfrom,

"there's a big difference between pushing ones own limits, and even the aircraft's"

I fully accept that but were your ever in your whole flying career out briefed to go "push the aircrafts limits" ?

Flying is a whole bunch of fun and when the task is achieved there is absolutely no buzz like it but if someone tells me they have never ever ever broken the rules then sorry but I, and I can only imagine countless others reading this thread simply do not believe you

Last edited by Seldomfitforpurpose; 30th Oct 2009 at 23:48.