PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Info for those (low-timers) seeking a job in Namibia
Old 30th Oct 2009, 17:21
allison

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

If i may add to the thread, flying in namibia, angola, zambia and botswana was the most exciting bush flying any pilot could ever experience. I never did have the opportunity to fly in the air force but this is as close as you will get to true flying.

I truly miss the days of flying low level over the sand, swamps and ocean, of course only on the many empty sectors. Eventually I bought a garmin 3 pilot GPS which was probably the best buy of my life time! Map reading and nav planning is a great skill, but the gps sure does ease your thoughts when the fuel is low.

After 210's i was fortunate enough to graduate to twin piston and later twin turbine command. It was an amazing life. Remember this, in any company, if you go the extra mile you will be noticed.

I left Nam in 2005 with a heavy heart but knew that i had to go to the airlines for any kind of stability and ultimately, family life. If the money was better i would still be there today!

I wish all you keen aviators the best adventure of your lives. Enjoy the flying, lodges, game drivers and stay at least two years. Get that magical 1000hrs on 210's and you'll be joining an elite club.

Good luck to all....