PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad cadet pilot programme last test
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2009, 15:28
FlyingRubber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's all so quiet... Shhh.. Shh...

Hi all! It has been quite a long while since anyone posted on this Etihad Cadet Pilot forum. I guess it has really run its course, until the next rounds of selections comes along. It's entertaining reading the vitriol and diatribe of those who missed signing up for the assessments, those who sat for it and didn't get through to the 2nd round, or those who couldn't afford to fly to the far-flung locations where the assessments were located.

I was very much bemused to read the anger and dissatisfaction of those candidates who said the assessment questions were totally unrelated to the selection of cadet pilots. Then what DO these people expect? 2 x 2 =? I'm no expert in how to carry out these selections, but whatever their criteria for initial and 2nd rounds, their reasons must be damned good ones.

My heart really hurts when i read the trials and tribulations that GN religiously (and in great detail) documents in these forums. I would really salute him if he doesn't give up and keeps trying until he reaches 28 or something.

And who can talk about this Etihad Cadet Pilot thingy without mentioning Malirm in the same sentence! The resident expert on this and he worked for what? Emirates? That's really ironic. But credit must go to him cos sometimes he does give almost accurate information to other ppruners. But i think it was rather low of him to accuse Etihad of being biased in not selecting him in the end. Makes one wonder if EY doesn't accept him in their cadet programme, what makes him think they'll welcome him with open arms as a fully qualified pilot in 2012, as he asserts? I'm sorry for being such a bitch, but this is really my honest opinion.

Well, I look forward to the next round of international cadet pilot assessments. Thousands will apply. A couple of thousand will sit for the initial assessment. And only ABOUT ten fortunate, high-calibre, high-potential candidates will make it through. Which tells us a lot of the guys and gals who actually made it through this time round. I really am in awe of them. And you know what the best part is? Apart from LEvans (who had been humble and unassuming throughout the process), you hardly hear anything from the guys who made the final cut. Tells us a lot doesnt it?