PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - unexpected turbulence
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2009, 11:07
Donalk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have I failed to elucidate my point yet again or perhaps the skim readers are at work. Never have I condoned the idiotic behaviour of pax who refuse to heed the legitimate warnings and advice given out by cabin crew.

For reference here is my orignal opening line:

What amazes me is how often cc post on the failure of pax to understand the dark arts of flight safety. If all pax had the depth and breadth of knowledge that you possess then I fear you would no longer have any useful function on board an aircraft.
Thus I am raising a critique of those cc who continue to bemoan the fact that they must constantly explain to pax that the seat belt sign means 'return to seat and buckle up'. If pax followed every visual cue in a smart fashion, like performing seals, then there would be no need for anyone to ensure and enforce conformity with the regulations. However, some pax do not follow the rules and I fear there wil be some who never will.

Similarily if every driver were to rigidly monitor their speed and behaviour in accordance with road signs then we would no longer require traffic police.

The sad fact is that compliance with safety regulation is low amongst the travelling public - C'est la vie - get used to it. However another lecture on the intellectual capacity of the great unwashed fom someone whose job it is to ensure their safety and comfort - I can do without.

PS. Autoland is in widespread use.