PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ZRH - 25 mins from landing to boarding
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2009, 08:03
Final 3 Greens

ZRH - 25 mins from landing to boarding

As many will know, I am a fan of Zurich airport.

Yesterday was just another example of why.

Delayed outbound from LHR by 1 hour, my flight arrived at 1220, with a connection due to depart at 1250.

Our flight was allocated a remote stand and we were coached to arrivals 2, meaning I would need to change terminals.

I took the shuttle to the E gates, after a wait of 1 minute 60 seconds (a display lets you know how long you will wait, max 3 minutes) and found the security area to be very busy, as was the airport in general.

Fortunately, unlike LHR, the fast track for premium pax (which I was) does what it says on the tin and I was through in less than 2 minutes. (This worked by having 2 lines open, dedicated to premium pax, not by feeding from a fast track queue into xray machines used by all.)

A brisk walk to the end of the E terminal and I was straight on to the aircraft at 1245 (5 minutes after the official gate closing time, but Swiss was aware of the delay and waited.)

5-6 pax arrived after me and we left ZRH with a delay of about 10 minutes, arriving on schedule.

Well done the ZRH team, for an efficient airport that really does the business every time - your consistent good service is appreciated