PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - unexpected turbulence
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2009, 03:11
lilflyboy262

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Donalk, Im sorry.

But I totally agree with lowcost.
Im not CC, I've only paxed around, and you have to be retarded to not understand the basic's of inflight safety.
You know that something heavy falling on your head hurts. No matter what situation it is, home, campervan, boat or plane, its all the same.

You have put a 7kg (most of the time it is more) carry-on bag in a locker above your head. Chances are, it will move.
Watch out.

When you walk around a boat, or inside a campervan, you hold on should it move unexpectedly from a wave or a pothole.
Thats all turbulence is, a wave or a pothole in the sky. So hold on!

If a CC member tells you to sit due turbulence, chances are they know something you don't from the captain. So instead of tuning out of CC messages thinking you know better, or treating it as a annoying interuption to your inflight movie, listen to what they have to say.

If the safety belt comes on, clip up your safety belt till the sign goes out again. Nuff said?

And you know those safety cards that they put in the front of the seats? You are meant to read them. They tell you all the "dark arts" so in the event of a emergency, you know what to do, and where to go. So then the CC can assist those people that truely need help, not someone who cant be bothered reading a safety card.

Its typical of the human race in todays world, we are getting more and more ignorant to things if they do not affect us directly, and then bitch and moan when it does, and the lack of common sense and forethought is appaling.

P.S. Lowcost, we do actually have autoland now. Just I dont think it is used commercially yet?