PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The VEMD/FLI an idiots "substitute Pilot's" guide for the AS350B3
Old 29th Oct 2009, 18:13
victor papa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glassjar, I have found that the best information on the VEMD and it's display is on the OPEN350 CD(get it from you engineering department). Go to the Description and Operational Manual and then chapter 34 and select the Central warning and display. This chapter gives you an explanation of every single symbol used, ranges, devaults, codes, modes, functions, logic etc and is the most detail by far I have found. It does not have colour photos, but what I have done is to power up a VEMD and take photos of all the stuff listed and worked it all into a presentation. The chapter gives you all the detail you need to access all possible info and you will see there is so much that you will have to adapt it for your ops.

I am certain you will be shocked as I was if you go through that chapter, as then only will you realise how clever that box is and how under utilised sometimes-AMAZING PIECE OF KIT!