PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 29th Oct 2009, 15:30
dave_perry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just failed my FATS..

Hi guys, I went to Cranwell on Tuesday for FATS for RN Aircrew. I have always, since I can recall, wanted to be military aircrew (Pilot preferably). I applied for the RAF 6th form Schol. a year and a half ago and passed the aptitude for pilot but failed for WSO. However this time I only passed for Observer.

I am obviously quite distressed about it all but have made the decision to go onto AIB with the intention of going Observer. My question is:

Is all lost on the pilot front now?

I was told I had to wait another year to try again, but I have spoken to the parents and don't want to be hanging round the house for another year (if only to fail FATS again), I wan't to start my career. I was too tall for Pilot/WSO in the RAFand tried at the RN - and too my dissmay, I have failed a test I had previously passed.

I am not looking for any sympathy or particularly specific advice - but only thoughts on what you guys would do if in this predicament.

Cheers,

Dave