PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2009, 13:28
MancRy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easyjet

MAN-GVA W pattern is operated by the same crew based in LPL. However, some weekend flights will be operated by MAN crews using a based A320.

Not sure about the new aircraft although rumours are that it is imminent, atleast in terms of the announcement. I suspect however the consultation periods are various other bases must be completed before any decision or ,indeed announcement, is made. CPH is a new route starting in November and therefore would already be operation when aircraft 4 (and possibly 5) arrives. ATH starting early could well be true and wouldn't surprise me as loads have been very high right to the very end.

Someone also mentioned that "Manchester was not closing". I don't think this was ever on the cards. Initially, there were no guarantee's but EZY are very happy with MAN's performance. The base has pretty much been a test bed for new longer distance routes (e.g PFO, TFS). Such routes ex MAN tend not to have any full service competition hence decent yields plus they can be very lucrative in terms of onboard sales. Consequently we are seeing longer distance routes of 5h + creeping in right across the network.