PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL(H) + (A) Theory credits
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2009, 12:32
miket_68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL(H) + (A) Theory credits

I have a not so quick question about the ATPL Theory Examinations.

Having started my ATPL(H) on the interim course (13 exams not 14)

I have been considering my options and getting the ATPL(A) theory credits, which I am led to beleive is just the 2 additional 2 exams (Performance and POF (A)), is this the case ?

If so, I understand the 18 month timescale from start to finish of the ATPL exams and also the 6 sittings, if I were to add the ATPL(A) exams would I be able to take them OUTSIDE of the 18 month timescale and in addition to the 6 sittings.

I have passes in the Following

1st December 2008 M&B, Instruments, Flight PLanning, HP&L, IFR Comms.
6th July 2009 Airfrasys power, OPS, RNAV, AIRLAW, Principles of FLight (H)
5th October 2009 MET

I still have GNAV and VFR comms to take to complete my ATPL (H), if all goes well and I dont fail GNAV or VFR comms!! which is 1 sitting leaving me with 2 sittings for the remaining 2 exams.

Will this give me ATPL(A) and ATPL(H). I have a PPL(H) and will have PPL(A) before taking the two Aero subjects.

Thoughts comments appreciated, I have a call in with the CAA who have failed to offer me any help but keep referring me to LASORS which is a document I have, as yet, failed to master.

Also, if I do have both sets of credits will passing my IR(A) and CPL(A) secure the (H) credits or will I need to get the IR (H) too ?

I did say it wasn't a quick question.

Thanks.

MIKET