PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - unexpected turbulence
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2009, 12:02
Donalk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What amazes me sometimes is just how oblivious some pax can be to turbulence and it's possible impact on their safety in the cabin.
Lowcostdolly -
What amazes me is how often cc post on the failure of pax to understand the dark arts of flight safety. If all pax had the depth and breadth of knowledge that you possess then I fear you would no longer have any useful function on board an aircraft.

It is precisely this knowledge coupled with the ability to impart it to a wider public which justifies your salary. The average pax takes a few flights per annum and neither understands atmospheric anomolies nor cares to. Do not expect them to devote their full attention either as there is a myriad of other items which, quite legitimately, can occupy their minds.

When people are removed from their normal operating environment it is then they require guidance and assistance in understanding the less familiar world they now find themselves in. Providing that assistance is your primary occupational function - irrespective of their level of intelligence - n'est pas?