PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 29th Oct 2009, 11:35
Southislander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why NZ?

Can I ask why someone in Europe would consider coming to NZ to gain a CPL and have u done your research properly. The fact is you will get very good training in NZ probably as good as anywhere in the world....however the problem we have in NZ is that the NZ CPL is not widely recognised. In fact it really gives you nothing when trying to convert back to an Easa licence. You might say that it does not matter as you want to work offshore now but from my experience Europeans do not find work in NZ or Australia on a fresh CPL....someone else may care to offer a different opionion but I do not know of any fresh foreign CPLs working in NZ. Most train and then go back to europe only to find they have to spend a considerable amount of money converting.

Probably a bigger issue for NZ other than student loans is getting our CAA motivated to start negotiations with Easa over some licence recognition. If our licence was more widely accepted then attracting foreign students would be easier. Most foreign students go to HAI or australia as its much cheaper.

good luck