PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 29th Oct 2009, 07:42
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuc, I have to say, I AM surprised by the contents of the report. It was described to me last night, (by someone at the press conference) as the nuclear option, Haddon-Cave delivered the goods.

That this report was broad and deep might well have a little something to do with concerned individuals who spent a great deal of time bringing their own experience and knowledge to the table. I won't name them here, but I hope you are satisfied with the end result and I am sure many servicemen will have cause to thank you and H-C for what will lead to a re-evaluation of the implementation of airworthiness regulations in UK Military.

I for one am content that individuals have been named. For far too many years the MoD has been a faceless organisation. Time for people to face up to their responsibilities. If they don't like it, tough, get another job.
People lower down the food chain can now feel empowered to ignore pressures from above if safety is being compromised.

These 10 people named in the report are still alive, which is more than can be said for the 14 who perished in the Afghan skies.

TUC, you were an inspiration to me during the Herc Inquest. I hope you are sleeping easier tonight.

TD, you have played a quite extraodinary role in all of this, it has been an honour to have gotten to know you and I hope you and the other families affected by this tragedy, can feel that things really will change for the better now.

A ground breaking day in many senses of the word.