PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 29th Oct 2009, 00:51
vernon99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tragic as this accident was, it can't be right to pull out 10 names, as this report does, when the problem would appear to be a systemic failure across a number of areas and involving many more people than the 10 who have been named, from the very top of the MoD tree down.
Perhaps if those people had thought more about the implications of the job they were doing rather than their careers, we wouldn't have this report.

Sorry but if they didn't have the spine to say no, they should have resigned.

I can't help but spare a thought for those named in the report today and the mental torment that they and their families must now be facing. They are human beings and fallible like the rest of us - the pressure must be unbearable and I hope they can find the strength to deal with it.
Indeed it is tragic, think how the families of the deceased must feel.

Although it is too late to prevent this tragic event, it is not too late to prevent future ones. Those involved today should question their responsibilities and do the right thing, if the government is not prepared to support the findings in a properly funded way, perhaps the current post holders will reconsider their position. I know I would rather resign than face the possibility of being named in the next report.