PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 29th Oct 2009, 00:32
backseatjock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with your comment Jacko and can't help but remember the result of the David Kelly affair. Tragic as this accident was, it can't be right to pull out 10 names, as this report does, when the problem would appear to be a systemic failure across a number of areas and involving many more people than the 10 who have been named, from the very top of the MoD tree down.

This was a tragic accident and the loss of life was clearly avoidable, My thoughts go to the families and friends of all those who died in XV230 - may those brave flyers rest in peace.

But, no matter how bitter I might feel about the accident itself, I can't help but spare a thought for those named in the report today and the mental torment that they and their families must now be facing. They are human beings and fallible like the rest of us - the pressure must be unbearable and I hope they can find the strength to deal with it.