PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2007 Puma Crash, Enquiry and Inquest (Merged)
Old 28th Oct 2009, 22:48
Airborne Aircrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry... Apparently the simple suggestion of mere standards when dealing with "outsiders" leaves the Air Force of today dumbfounded and unable to function.

Do the RAF no longer dress by the right or do we just line up like a bunch of conscript Yanks? Do the RAF shamble around in an undisciplined mess because it's just all too tiring to maintain some semblance of standards while carrying out our duties?

Gentlemen, and I'm using that term loosely with regard to those who seem to think it's fun to argue with me, you are the problem. You believe that, because things are a little difficult for you personally, it's ok to set aside some things that are basic to military life. I really don't care about how hard you think your tasking is now. You, as Aircrew, have never really had it hard. Really... Aircrew life is nothing compared to the life of the men on the ground. The pilots sit on their rears all day and the crew can sit for much of the time. Yes, you "think" more than your average grunt. But as far a "work done" is concerned I'm afraid you don't even start to compare to what the men on the ground do.

So, to get back on topic... The audio clearly demonstrates a crew that was undisciplined and unprofessional. I'm saddened that they lost their lives but I cannot "give them a break". The question is "how did they become so 'out of sorts'"? As long as you argue for those that allowed those "little" aberrations you argue for a form of anarchy, one that accepts anything as long as nothing goes awry.